The launch of Jio was the beginning of great offers and promised to users. As the first network to operate on the 4G band, Reliance Jio is a gift to the Indian people. The free offers to voice calls, messages attracted millions of people queuing to buy and use the Jio network. The free goodies, however, was the beginning of Jio speed drops and struggles. The older customers today miss the fast system they once enjoy while, on the other hand, the new users are yarning for the fast internet promised to them. Fast internet did not last for Jio and users are all over the internet searching for tips on how to increase Jio speed. You may also look for the tips on how to check balance in Jio when you solve your problem about the speed of the network.
Today, the internet is slow, and it is because of the millions of users that Jio serves. Jio’s speed fluctuates from 50Mbps to a dragging 6-10Mbps. As a matter of fact, at 8Mbps, the rate is volatile, unlike during its initial days when the speed was between 30Mbps-50Mbps.
Why your network is slow?
Slow internet speed may be because of several reasons besides the apparent reason that Jio is serving millions of users, and it is straining. Problems with your router is a good start, Wi-Fi signal, the signal strength on your cable line, the devices on your network could be saturating your bandwidth or a slow DNS server. Furthermore, we also discussed how to configure JioFi Dongle and portable wifi in our site.
However, whatever the reason for slow Jio speed, users look forward to reverting to the days when the rate was swift. The demand for fast Jio speed is high while the supply is not sufficient or giving, which explains why the internet is full of tips that can help Jio users get a better rate. The grand question is, do these tips and tricks work? The following are methods that you can apply to see if they work on your Jio speed.
1. Use Jio High speed by Changing APN settings
- Go to your phone’s setting
- Select ”Mobile Networks”
- Click on the Access point Name(APN) of your Jio sim
- Set the APN protocol to IPV4/IPV6
- Open any downloading site like YouTube and download files concurrently with IDM. You can download approximately 5-6files.
- Your internet speed may stop working even before you have 100MB high-speed data remaining to access.
Download Snap VPN from Playstore and install it to your phone after changing the APN settings and connect to Singapore or France servers to improve your downloading speed but not browsing speed.
Note: These may not work on your smartphone, and you are also trying them out at your own risk. In case any issues arise after the trial, you will take responsibility for it. However, we recommend that you restore your factory settings on your phone, and it will function just fine. In case that you want to change your password in Jio, discover the other page of this site.
2. Increase Jio 4G speed( For rooted devices)
- Download 3G/4G Optimizer on your smartphone
- Install and open the app
- Click on network speed then select 12/28/7. The available maximum speed.
- Tap on “apply Tweak.”
- Switch your phone off then restart it. Your Jio 4G speed should be visible.
Ways to make 4G faster
- Always clear your phone’s cache
- Free your RAM as it guarantees a faster internet speed
- Ensure that your Simcard has no damages
- From your phone’s settings, click on mobile networks and click on “NetworkMode” then select the top option on the drop-down list
- Download lite versions of the app you use
3. Mostly use LTE applications
You can also decide to lock the 4G network to a specific band limit. Your phone automatically switches to the band with better internet coverage. You don’t have to do anything, and below are a few steps to increase speed. We also advise that you check your Jio balance.
- Dial *#*#4636#*
- Click on phone information
- Tap on “set preferred network type.”
- Click on LTE only
For Qualcomm Processor
- Download and install the shortcut master(Lite) app from the Play store
- Go to the menu search box
- Enter “Service Menu” or “Engineering mode” then search
- Once you find it, open and access then change to LTE bands
For MediaTek Processor
- Download and install it from Google store
- Launch the app
- Click on “MTK Settings”
- Tap on “Band mode.”
- Specify the sim slot where your Jio sim is
- Choose “LTE Mode”
- Click on band 40 for best speed or band 5 for the best coverage
- Save settings and restart your phone to activate the changes
There may be several reasons contributing to this problem, but the most common ones are,
1. A weak signal strength
2. Saturated bandwidth
3. Your cache may be full
4. Make sure your phone or Simcard has no damages
1. Use a different router
2. Scan your device for viruses
3. Make sure there is no system interruption
4. Check your filters
Slow internet speed is not impressive at all since you may not accomplish whatever it is you are doing. It is normal to try and find a solution to slow the internet, but be careful of any method you use to do this as it ends up bringing in more problems than solutions. You can apply the techniques above to try and improve your Jio speed. Don’t forget to share your experience or more information concerning this post below.